Friday, July 17, 2009

Do unto others first


A lot of times, we want others to "listen, comply and be" first before
we "listen, comply, be".

If he behaves, then I will.
She better treat me nice, then I will think about it.
I will play the game right when you do.
If she smiles, I will.

It never works, does it? irrespective of whether it is with kids or adults.

Flip the order.

Remember the Golden rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
I would make it explicit, "Do unto others first as you would have them do unto you."

I have heard people say this quote in the context of "Don't do or say hurtful things",
but I think it is underused when it comes to getting things done from others OR
in other words, getting others to "listen, comply and be".



Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]