Sunday, December 25, 2005

Celebrating Christmas

As we were breaking for the holidays, I wished my colleague "Merry Christmas" and he wished me back but a second later, he realised that I coule be a non-Christian and whether his wish was a valid one or not. So in his attempt to get some clarification, he asked me if I celebrated Christmas and if I wasn't if there was an equivalent festival in my tradition.

Hmmmmm.....

Being spiritually aware, I couldn't answer that without getting some clarification myself.
So I asked him, "Ok, so what is Christmas, what does it mean to you?"
His reply was "You know, from a religious view, it is the birth of Jesus but basically it is people exchanging gifts and families getting together, type of thing".

Fair enough...

Being exposed to the meta physical meaning of the Bible, I knew that Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Christ's or God's principles in each and every one of us.

The birth of principles like unconditional Love, forgiveness, kindness, generosity are worth celebrating and in this day and age, I hope each and every one of us celebrates this birth in them.
Also, it only makes sense to celebrate Christmas not just on Dec 25th but everyday.
Doesn't it?

To my colleague I replied, "Yes, I do celebrate Christmas", long after he had left.

Merry Christmas to everyone,

There is no way to Peace, Peace is the way.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]