Friday, August 12, 2005

Love or Hate... Which is it?

Sometimes, I experience alternating feelings of love and hatred towards some one.

Wonder which one is my real feeling.

It occurred to me that both feelings are equally real at the moment that I have them. Both feelings produce their corresponding physical effects in the body.

There is no such thing as " My official feeling towards this is ...".

It IS what it IS at that moment.

Ofcourse if you have more of the loving feeling than hatred towards someone, you tend to think
"Generally speaking, I like ..." and vice versa.
But the truth is that each feeling that we have is real at that moment.

Now this is a scary truth - looking back at events and people on whom I have had feelings of hatred.

But, as every cloud has a silver lining, How does the awareness of this truth help me?

If I would like to have more of the feelings of unconditional love, compassion, kindness etc.
then keep the state of your mind accordingly.

Feelings originate from your heart, however, if your mind is clouded with negativity, then that will drain the positive energy out of your feelings and leave you dry and negative.

So surround yourself and create an atmosphere of whatever it is that you would like to have feelings of.

Listening, reading, mingling with people and thinking - all contribute to creating
that environment.

In turn, That will help create and nurture your desired feelings.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]